
Jacob turned 9 months old a couple weeks ago. It's taken me a while to get this picture up. He's crawling now and we're bracing ourselves, holding on for dear life. The gates go up, the kids are constantly being reminded (ok, nagged) about leaving little Lego pieces, Playmobil guns, puzzle pieces... all over for Jacob to grab and shove in his mouth, the outlet covers are put in place and we just get through it. I'm always thinking about "last times" with Jacob. It will be the last time we go through this crawling stage. Maybe secretly I think by telling ourselves this will be the last time for this, it will help ease the pain of losing the big chunk of freedom we had before Jacob started crawling. Or maybe more simply I just want to cherish each of these stages, even though they are difficult at times. Either way, he's crawling and loving it.
No comments:
Post a Comment