I thought I was doing this really neat things for the kids by taking them to the zoo last week to meet -IN PERSON - Jack Hanna. THE Jack Hanna! Animal Adventure guy Jack Hanna! How cool. Turns out the only one who really even had heard of Jack Hanna was Maria and it was even vague for her. Don't you kids watch Saturday morning telelvision? Oh well. I thought it was cool to meet him.
We waited in line for about an hour and a half to get this picture with him. What a nice guy though. The line of people who came to see him stretched from just outside the shark exhibit to past the sea lions (a long way!). After he had already been there for 2 and a half hours, his 'people' told him that he'd have to leave in order to make his 5 p.m. engagement. He said that he wouldn't leave until he saw everyone that came to see him. When he got to us, I asked for a picture instead of an autograph. He said, "Sure!" As I was gathering the kids together he commented, "How many kids do you have?" He thanked us, I shook his hand and we headed out. 

No comments:
Post a Comment