Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Vomit and What-Not

I was on my way home from Jacob's doctor appointment (double ear infection - AGAIN!) when Luke says his tummy hurts. I said we'd be home soon and he could lay down.
Let me just cut to the chase. Luke threw up what seemed to be a small river in the front foyer by the steps. I am not kidding when I tell you that WHILE Luke was in the tub and I was just wringing out the last towel in the laundry room tub, David threw up in the family room. On the carpet.
About 5 minutes later, John walked in the back door after work and sees the carpet and tells me that he started feeling queezy this afternoon.
At around 9 p.m. after Luke and David were finally done and had fallen asleep, Jacob threw up all over me, unfortunatley after I had given him his first dose of medicine for his ears.
Benjamin was at Parker's down the street where he is spending the night to hopefully avoid whatever this is. Maria and I are still feeling fine...
Lord, give me strength!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Aw, hang in there, Mar. Hope everyone is feeling better, that it was just a 24-hour thing and it's on its way out of their systems.

Mary Speckhard said...

Actually, is there such a thing as the 4-hour flu? The next morning both the boys acted as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened the night before. John never got sick either, thankfully. It was bad but I suppose it could have been much worse. Before David finally nodded off, he promised he'd never throw up again. And I'm going to hold him to that.