Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The week from H1N1

You know the expression, "Dropping like flies?" That was us in October of 2009. I don't know who was first to get it but all five got it shortly thereafter. I called the doc, shared the symptoms with him and he asked us to kindly stay home and not visit his office. He said the kids probably had the H1N1 and told me to treat the symptoms and just let it run its course.
So, that's what I did. Our daily schedule was something like this: fevers high, distribute Motrin, kids sleep for hours, fevers down and feeling great then fevers high again. This went on for about 5 days. Benjamin was the fever leader that week with a 105.4.
A few days into it, John came home early from work. #6... down. I'd never seen him that sick before. I came home from running errands one day and found him crawling on his hands and knees from the bedroom to the bathroom.
For whatever reason, thankfully, I never did get it.


My two fever boys


Beth Morales dropped by one evening with a care package filled with snacks, craft activities, hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes. What a great friend!


Jacob was miserable here. Poor guy!


Feeling better!

No comments: