It just so happened that the same day he got the box, we were going to Eva and Arriel's birthday party at Zao Island in Valpo. At the beginning of the party, each kid got 20 tokens which they used to try to win as many tickets as they possibly could. These kids were on a mission. At the end of the evening you could see the madness in their eyes as they scoured the floor for any dropped tickets or tokens.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the kid working behind the counter when it was Luke's turn to spend his tickets. Imagine about 58 kids all waiting to cash in their tickets pushing and shoving to get closer to the counter. It's Luke's turn...
Kid working counter: "Ok, it looks like you have 380 tickets."
Luke very carefully examined all the choices and slowly and carefully chose his junky, plastic toys (I mean, treasures).
Luke: "I'll have two of those (he points to the tiny plastic frogs). No, one of those, just one of those."
Kid: "378 tickets left."
Luke: "Ok, let me see... I'll take one of the army guys."
Kid: "374"
After a few minutes, I helped Luke choose some higher priced items and things started moving along quickly. It was a really fun time. Thanks Michelle and Dave for the great party!! Luke has his treasures all arranged in his box just right and peeks in there every now and then to check on them.
3 comments:
That is so sweet. Who knew 380 tickets could buy so many army guys, if one was of a mind to buy a lot of army guys!
How cool that Luke gets his very own treaure box!!!
Love the box! Love the blog!
Post a Comment