All the books say to let them cry, the pamphlets at the doctor's office say to let them cry, all the parents with older kids who have been through this say to let them cry. So we did. And he cried. Boy did he cry. A few evenings into this John and I were sitting in the dining room deciding what to do. We were about to throw in the towel and just go get him when... silence. It was a long silence so we knew he had fallen asleep. We practically knocked each other over trying to get upstairs to get our first good night of sleep in months. I just wanted to make sure he was covered so I peeked in, and when I did, this is what I saw...
Yes, he had fallen asleep but he was standing up. For the next two weeks, Jacob slept standing up like this in his crib. Sure, he'd find places to take cat naps like in the van or in his high chair...



1 comment:
Very Funny!
Sydney
Post a Comment